Leger Holidays Limited and Leger Air Holidays Limited are data controllers. In order to process your booking, we need to collect certain personal details from you.
These include, where applicable, the names and contact details of party members, next of kin details, passport information, credit/debit card or other payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements or any insurance you wish to purchase and any dietary restrictions which may disclose your religious beliefs. During your holiday, the driver of your coach and, where applicable, your battlefield guide, is authorised to collect and process payment by credit or debit card on our behalf for any excursion we offer. We need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organisations who need to know them so that your holiday and any excursion(s) can be provided (for example your airline, hotel, HM Revenue and Customs, border controls, other supplier, insurance provider, credit/debit card company or bank). Such companies and organisations may be outside the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein if your holiday is to take place or to involves suppliers outside these countries.
We may store and use your personal details (except sensitive personal details) for future marketing purposes (for example, sending you a brochure or details of a promotion, including by email or telephone). We may also pass your details onto other companies in our group or to selected suppliers so that they may send you information on their products and services (including financial services) which we feel may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to do any or all of these things, please let us know at the time of booking or at any time subsequently by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning or writing to us. Except as permitted by the Data Protection Act, we will only deal with the personal details you give us as set out above unless you agree otherwise.
You are generally entitled to ask us what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We will charge a fee to respond to such a request. We promise to respond to your request within 40 days of receiving your written request and fee. In certain limited circumstances we are entitled to refuse your request.
If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies can be divided into four categories; strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functionality cookies and advertising cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies - these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies - these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies - these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
A summary of the cookies used on this Site are set out below:-
- __utma - Google Analytics
- __utmb - Google Analytics
- __utmz - Google Analytics
- wooMeta - Woopra Analytics
- wooTracker - Woopra Analytics
- ASP.NET_SessionId - Session Cookie
- PAPVisitorId - Affiliate Tracking Cookie
- campaign - inhouse Tracking Cookie
Can I opt out of cookies?
Yes, except where the cookie is strictly necessary to provide the services which you have requested. Consent is not required for the use of these cookies and we simply cannot provide these services without them.
You can opt out of cookies which are not strictly necessary. However, please remember that performance cookies only collect information about Site usage which is anonymous and functionality cookies remember the choices you make so as to improve your experience of our Site. Advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits so as to enable us to target our advertising and make it more relevant for you and your interests.
How do I opt out of cookies?
You can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself. You can also adjust your browser settings to your preferred level of protection. You can do so at any time by accessing the preference panels from your browser’s main menu (usually found under ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Options’). You can also find out more information about how cookies work and how to disable them here. However, if you choose to remove cookies parts of the Site may not work properly or your use of the Site may be impaired.